Any INEXPENSIVE Database softwr for AIX? (for both PS/2 and RS6k)

Chin Fang fangchin at leland.Stanford.EDU
Wed Apr 24 17:40:15 AEST 1991

In article <11353 at uwm.edu> felicia at miller.cs.uwm.edu writes:

>      Does anyone know if I could get _free_ or _cheap_ database
>      software for AIX PS/2 ?
>

>      Thanks in advance.

I think Larry Wall's Perl plus Henk P. Penning's Jinx fit your bill really
well.  I built both on my 320 and they seem to work well so far.

Perl -> ftp prep.ai.mit.edu   cd /pub/gnu
Jinx -> ftp archive.cs.ruu.nl cd /pub/UNIX, get cterm package at the same
        time as Jinx needs cterm to work.

One small but related question to fellow RS6000 users.  The Perl that I
built (Perl 4.003) failed test 1 of groups test but passed every one else.
How is your experience?

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University