rs6000 Hostname problem

Daniel Choy Edelson edelson at ils.nwu.edu
Wed Apr 10 05:04:30 AEST 1991

I have a problem with an rs6000 that previously had a different
name.  Even though we have reset the hostname (within smit), and the
hostname command returns the new name...

When I rlogin or rsh to another host, it tells the other host the
old name.  Thus, to get appropriate permissions, I have to put the
old name in the remote machine's .rhost and hosts.equiv files.

Does anyone know why the machine is still broadcasting the
old name?  (The old name has been removed from /etc/hosts, also).

Thanks.

---------
Danny Edelson   	Institute for the Learning Sciences
edelson at ils.nwu.edu 	     Northwestern University
(708) 491-3500                 Evanston, IL 60201