Any problems using info in X11R4 on RS/6000?

Eduardo Juncosa eddy at pcad.uunet!pcad
Wed Apr 10 07:36:57 AEST 1991

>In article <3742 at d75.UUCP> woan at nowhere (Ronald S Woan) writes:
>
>On a different note, for those not wishing to apply the patches
>themselves, I am told Sunrise Software is selling the X11R4 and Motif
>1.1.1 for AIX 3.1... The number I have for them is (401) 847-7868.
>
>--
>+-----All Views Expressed Are My Own And Are Not Necessarily Shared By------+
>+------------------------------My Employer----------------------------------+
>+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
>+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

What I want to know is, what advantages do I get from using X11R4 and Motif 1.1?

I understand they are "better", but what does that REALLY mean?  Is is faster?
smaller? prettier?  I assume I would still be using IBM's X11R3 server, so I
would not be getting the X11R4 server improvements and extensions?

Most important, are these advantages important enough that I can lose IBM's
support for bugs.  Right now when I have an X or Motif bug, I report it to IBM
and they eventually will get fixed.  IBM's support may not be the fastest, or
best, but it is a lot better than not having it.

Eddy