analog to SunOS ldd in AIX 3.1?

Andrew J. Schorr schorr at ead.dsa.com
Tue Feb 26 08:54:51 AEST 1991

Is there a command in AIX 3.1 that does the same
thing as ldd in SunOS 4+?  For those who are unfamiliar
with SunOS, ldd (when applied to a program) lists which
shared libraries would be used if the program were executed.
(Presumably, ldd is an acronym for List Dynamic Dependencies.)
This is useful for verifying which versions of shared libraries
are being linked at run-time (e.g. for figuring out if you're
using the development version that is in a LIBPATH directory,
or the installed one in /usr/local/lib).

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in Info-Explorer.  If so,
pointers would be appreciated... (I would RTFM, but life
is so short).

Thanks,
Andy

P.S.  If this command does not exist, I feel strongly that
it should be included in a future release.