I am missing something important while porting to AIX 3.1?

J. Eric Townsend jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:06:23 AEST 1991

Several times I've tried to port relatively innocuous (good word, eh?)
code from the BSD/SunOS world to AIX 3.1 and have had a big AIX-shaped
boot stomped all over my head.

These are things that should be simple: patch, BSD tar, etc.

So am I missing something?  InfoHider has been of no use to me so far,
and our printed manuals got lost somewhere, so I have to *rely* on
InfoHider for any good bits I might need.  Maybe there's a magic
program, "bsdtoaix" that modifies generic BSD code so that cc/c89/xlc
doesn't barf so hard.

stats: 320, AIX 3.1 (rel 3002).

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet at uh.edu - bitnet: jet at UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2120
"It is the cunning of form to veil itself continually in the evidence