Modems on the RS6000

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Wed Feb 6 07:15:13 AEST 1991

In article <1513 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
>geoff at edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) writes:
>

>>	Does anyone out there have modems working succesfully on an RS/6000
>>using CTS/RTS flow control.

	As of today we have since we just received a patch from IBM.
Their number on it is 0x979.

>We have 32 Hayes modems working with RTS/CTS. We have had several problems,
>but none were related to flow control.  In addition to getty's definitions,
>we "stty add rts" in /etc/profile for all the modem lines.  These modems are

I believe this command is part of the above mentioned patch.
You now need to add the lines to have rts/cts in a file called
/etc/tty/addrts.list in order for the lines to use rts/cts.

It only took IBM 2 weeks to agree that this didn't work.

>configured at 19200 baud.
>--
>Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
>{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin
>
>Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.

Geoff Coleman

"Of course these are my own opinions"