Paging space problems

John F Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 04:28:52 AEST 1991

In article <36829 at netnews.upenn.edu> ahsu at grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Andrew C Hsu) writes:
>I've been getting this problem on my RS6000 where I have to reboot the
>machine about once a week because the paging space gets low.  Currently
>I've installed 48Megs of paging space over 2 physical volumes.  Is there
>a way to reset the paging space with having to reboot?  And is this
>problem I'm having a bug with AIX3.1?

There were problems in the kernel (notably X-windows & hft's) involving
page space losage.  It sounds as though you have an old level of AIX v3
and need to upgrade.
--
John F. Haugh II      |      I've Been Moved     |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4340
SneakerNet: 809/1D064 |          AGAIN !         |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ