Paging space problems

Robin D. Wilson robin at batcomp.austin.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 04:27:31 AEST 1991

In article <36829 at netnews.upenn.edu> ahsu at grad1.cis.upenn.edu (Andrew C Hsu) writes:
>Hello,
>
>I've been getting this problem on my RS6000 where I have to reboot the
>machine about once a week because the paging space gets low.  Currently
>I've installed 48Megs of paging space over 2 physical volumes.  Is there
>a way to reset the paging space with having to reboot?  And is this
>problem I'm having a bug with AIX3.1?

At 3001 update levels and below, there was a problem with paging space on
machines that used the hft device (like the large color monitor).  This
problem is mostly corrected in 3002, but not completely solved until the
3003 update.  3003 should be available soon, so I suggest that you wait it
out, and just reboot the machine frequently.

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     robin%aixserv at uunet.uu.net                                         |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)823-3015                       |