X11 R4 xterm under AIX 3.1

Andrew J. Schorr schorr at ead.dsa.com
Wed Feb 27 09:26:27 AEST 1991

We have built X11 R4 on our RS/6000 using the patch supplied
by Dan Greening (thanks Dan).  Everything seems to work fine,
except that xterm's cut and paste don't always work properly.
When we try to paste (mouse button 2), things occasionally
hang, and the system goes into a paging fit (very high number
of page faults, system virtually unusable).  Ultimately, the
system will emerge from this state.  Sometimes the xterm dies
in the process.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

P.S. I haven't really timed these paging fits, but they go on
for quite a while (at least a minute or two).  By the  way,
we're running release 3001 of AIX 3.1.