AIX 1.2 is dead (was X server for PS/2 XGA under AIX 1.2)

Karl Bunch tts at ttank.ttank.com
Thu Feb 28 04:11:38 AEST 1991

In <5113 at lure.latrobe.edu.au> CCMK at lure.latrobe.edu.au (Mark Kosten - Computer Centre, La Trobe Uni.) writes:

>In article <714 at lhdsy1.chevron.com>, meo at lhdsy1.chevron.com (Mike E. Osborne) writes:
>> Anyone seen support for X11R3 or X11R4 for the new XGA adapters...

>I have heard from my spies in IBM (comments invited to confirm or deny):

>1. PS/2 AIX is dead (no more new versions, except for bug fixes).

Can anyone confirm/deniy this?  I have heard this floating around all over
the place.  But no authoritative statements or even an inside voice.  Maybe
some of the IBM'ers that read this group can give us a hint without making
an official statement?  My company is putting a lot of resources into
learning AIX for the purpose of supporting "future" buisness.  And if this
is a dead end alley on the PS/2 platforms for god's sake tell us.  We have
worked with SCO since before time so we don't have a problem there.  But I
am paying people to learn this thing as I type. :-(  If it's a dead end
we're gonna be stung.

BTW, I talked to a IBM AIX Tech durring a "Hot call" about a week ago and
he said that AIX 1.3 would be out in about a month?  He said the current
"update (26 damm disks)" was getting out of hand and that they would be
going to a new release level.  (He thought it would be 1.3 but it might
be the rumored 1.2.2)

BTW, if anyone want's to e-mail me a note with more authority I won't
say a word if you don't want me to.  Or even better I'll mention the
rumor from another voice if you're okay with it.. :-)

Thanks in advance,
Karl
--
% Karl Bunch                            ||| UUCP: ..!uunet!zardoz!ttank!karl
% Think Tank Software                   ||| INTERNET: karl at ttank.com
% "...you'd be suprised how far a hug will go with Geordi, even Worf!" -- Riker