tctl command (inconsistency)

Andrew T. Como como at max.bnl.gov
Fri Feb 1 03:59:10 AEST 1991

	First let me say that we are running AIX on the PS2, IBM370
and RISC 6000 and I still don't understand why IBM in their infinite
wisdom cannot keep a consistency across all platforms of AIX. I run
across this problem daily trying to provide operations with carbon
copy scripts to perform their duties. An example

	A simple utility like "tctl" is inconsistent (redundant).
The "rewoffl" option does NOT exist on the RISC machines.  WHY?

	In order to get this option it needs to go to marketing and
IBM has the option of 90 days to respond (y/n).

	Also let me add, we are running all flavors of unix(Ultrix,
SunOS,BSD4.3 and Encore Umax4.3) and even among these different
vendors there is a certain level of agreement (mt command).
		Andrew Como  INTERNET: como at bnl.gov
			     BITNET:   como at bnlux0.BITNET
			     UUCP:     ...philabs!sbcs!bnl!como
				   or  bnlux0!como at uunet.uu.net