Latest version of AIX (for the RT)

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Wed Feb 13 10:31:40 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb12.084147.11590 at rodan.acs.syr.edu> acyoung at rodan.acs.syr.edu (Aaron C. Young) writes:
>	I manage four RT PC's and have my RT's running AIX 2.2.1.
>
>	Is this the latest version?  where can I get the cheapest
>	upgrades?

I guess from IBM. Anyway, there are several levels of updates, so
2.2.1 doesn't really mean that much.... Theres an option to updatep or
something to tell you what updates you have installed or look in the
lpp.hist files under each feature in the /usr/lpp subdirectories...

>	Also has anyone ever gotten a window manager to work on the
>	RT's?  TWM wouldn't work for me.

Works fine for me, as does gwm... You should be able to get the X11R4
libraries and clients to compile without too much hassle, just no
server.

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +