xlc -qxref=full

Gary Crum crum at fcom.utah.edu
Wed Feb 6 05:03:12 AEST 1991

Has anyone else tried the AIX 3.1 compiler cross-referencing facility?
I tried xlc -qxref=full, and the output is quite interesting, but in the
file table section, the pathnames to many include files were incorrect --
It seems that the cross-referencing system composed paths naively using
the directory where the source file resided instead of properly
using the include file path and rules by which the C preprocessor
finds include files that are included by include files.

Just wondering.  I got farther with xlc -qxref than with the separate
cxref program, at least.  Cross-referencing tools are a big help for
getting to know large software systems.

Gary