Modems on the RS6000

Robert Schwartz bob at menno.bethelks.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:08:40 AEST 1991

In article <5084 at awdprime.UUCP>, robin at batcomp.austin.ibm.com (Robin D. Wilson) writes:
> The solution Kevin K... (sorry Kevin, but I couldn't remember how to spell
> your last name) from Dun & Bradstreet provided (to do an "stty add rts" in
> the /etc/profile) will work quite well for dial-in lines (because carrier
> will be up when you dial-in) but will not help for dial-out lines.  The only
> way to set dial-out lines (for sure) is to set carrier high on you modem
> first, then do an "stty add rts" then do your dialing-out.

Yeah, great, but I want it on my uucp connections.  In general I've been
able to set rts on my modem port from the console, but of course it
gets lost on reboot and I have to do it again.  Is there some way that
this can be set permanently?
Robert Schwartz			email:  bob at menno.bethelks.edu
Dept. of Computer Science		...uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!menno!bob
Bethel College
N. Newton, KS 67117