Modems on the RS6000

B. Sam Blanchard sam at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
Fri Feb 8 02:44:18 AEST 1991

This is not intended to solve your problem, this is how I solve mine!
geoff at edm.uucp (Geoff Coleman) writes:
>	Does anyone out there have modems working succesfully on an RS/6000
> using CTS/RTS flow control. We have three telebits on our system which run
                                              ^^^^^^^^
We have MultTech modems.  They provide an option (AT&C2) which cycles carrier
off on disconnect and then brings it back up.  You must set the option by
forcing carrier (a toggle switch) and saving the settings.  Saving the settings
takes care of power failures and ATZ but can be overridden manually (or
automatically if your inclined :-).

In article <1520 at msa3b.UUCP> kevin at msa3b.UUCP (Kevin P. Kleinfelter) writes:
> An improvement to AIX's uucp would be to add something similar to what
> happens with uucp on AT&T SYS V R3.2.1:
) explanation of HDB's /M /m
very True

Standard book recommendation for interested parties:

UNIX System Administration Handbook by Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Scott Seebass
UNIX Administration Guide for System V by Rebecca Thomas, Rik Farrow

UNIX Networking by Stephen Kochan and Patrick Wood

--
B. Sam Blanchard UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!sam
                 ARPA:  sam at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
3207 W. Devon Rd         (317) 741-4500   work
Muncie, IN 47304