Problem with rdump/rsh

Alistair Veitch, University of Waikato, New Zealand acv at waikato.ac.nz
Thu Feb 28 09:43:39 AEST 1991

Theres probably a simple answer, but I'm new to AIX so be kind...

We want to back up some other machines on our network to the 8mm tape on our
RS6000 box. I've set up the appropriate /.rhosts AND /etc/hosts.equiv files
so root on another machine can do an rdump, only... they can't. rsh etc works
fine for any other user except for root - I've checked the /etc/security/users
file, which seems to be in order, and there my current knowledge ends. Rather
than wade laboriously through info-explorer, I was hoping somebody out there
might have some ideas.

Thanks,
	Alistair

P.S. The error I get (from Suns, SunOS 4.1) is:
rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

--
Alistair Veitch			Systems Programmer/Analyst
Internet: acv at waikato.ac.nz	Phone: +64 71 562889 ext. 8638