3rd-party sources: bleat for help (FAQ list?)

Christopher Gunn 1k1mgm at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Sat Feb 16 05:58:23 AEST 1991

Does there exist on this newsgroup a FAQ list or other compendium
of pointers to sources for 3rd-party memory & peripherals for
RS/6000?

We've just started talking seriously (i.e., the grant turned up)
with IBM about a significant RS/6000 purchase ($100K+) and while
they're hinting about various deals that would perhaps make an
all-Blue core system possible, I would sure like to know what the
external marketplace is like before I make any commitments.

I have now only one known source (Impediment) for 3rd-party gear,
and my DEC-oriented hardcopy literature isn't much help.

I just found that this was the RS/6000-centered newsgroup and so
have only been able to backtrack over maybe 2 weeks of posts.  So
if this topic bores everybody to tears every THREE weeks:  (a)
I'm sorry but (b) I didn't know...

Our interests would be memory, fixed disks, Exabytes, erasable-optical
drives.  Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide!

Christopher Gunn	Molecular Graphics and Modeling Lab
SPAN--KUPHSX::GUNN	Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Malott Hall
913-864-4428 or -4495	University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS  66045