bind getting stuck?

jsalter at panews jsalter at panews
Tue Feb 19 10:23:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb18.193126.26425 at uvmark.uucp> irwin at uvmark.uucp (Frank Irwin) writes:
>But I also want the system functions to use our malloc().  We've experienced
>memory space corruption when our malloc() and the system malloc() are both
>used.

In terms of shared libraries, you can't.  This has been discussed before.  It's
because of the pre-bound shared libraries in AIXv3.  Though your routines may
use your malloc(), the system libraries will use the system malloc().  There
is no way around this as of this time.  Open an APAR if you think it needs it.

In terms of unshared libs, I just found the following note (dated Dec. 13th):