bind getting stuck?

Marc Auslander marc at marc.watson.ibm.com
Tue Feb 19 00:08:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb15.190657.47304 at uvmark.uucp> irwin at uvmark.uucp (Frank Irwin) writes:

>To do this, I use the -bnoautoimp -berok -bnogc options to ld.  However,
>bind never seems to complete.  Doing a ps:
>If I leave out the -bnogc option, it binds fine, but running genro results in:

>Could not load program genro
>Error was: Exec format error

The only option you should be using is -bnoautoimp.

-bnogc will attempt to make a monstrous output module containing the
whole contents of all the libraries you've included.

-berok suppresses error messages AND marks the module non-executable.
It is what is causing the "Exec format error".

Make sure your program which defines malloc also defines free and
realloc.

(If you are using -berok because you get undefined errors you will
have to fix the errors.)
--

Marc Auslander       <marc at ibm.com>