XLF i/o buffering

rab at tauon.ph.unimelb.edu.au rab at tauon.ph.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Feb 24 15:19:40 AEST 1991

Can anyone enlighten me about XLF's i/o buffering mechanism? It seems
that whatever file or device is opened, XLF buffers the i/o.  The only
(relatively) unbuffered i/o I can find is via the preconnected standard
i/o units:  0, 5, and 6. However, these are formatted units, and
line-buffered.

By the way, it seems that the X11R4 Xterm Tek4015 doesn't support a GIN
termination character. Is this correct?

rab
---
Richard Brown                     | E-mail: rab at tauon.ph.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics                 | Phone : +61 3 344 5081
University of Melbourne           | Fax   : +61 3 347 4783
Parkville Victoria AUSTRALIA 3052 | Telex : AA35185