Automount trouble

Brian Glendenning bglenden at colobus.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 7 05:01:11 AEST 1991

Like others we are irritated at IBM's automounter, in particular I'm
told:

>The only type of automount accepted by the IBM is a mount of the remote
>directory on a local directory of the form  /main-dir/sub-dir.  You can use
>no more nor no less directory levels.  It must be EXACTLY two!

My questions are:

1) Is this true - is there something we're missing?
2) Is the automounter going to improve - a lot of people seem to be
   griping about it.
3) Are there patches to AMD to get it to run on RS/6000 machines (and
   is AMD good generally - I've never used it).

Thanks!

Brian
--
       Brian Glendenning - National Radio Astronomy Observatory
bglenden at nrao.edu          bglenden at nrao.bitnet          (804) 296-0286