Elite drives on RS6000

Jim Ray jdr at sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com
Fri Jun 7 03:50:49 AEST 1991

Has anyone out there had any problems with multiple Seagate Elite
drives on a RS6000 model 540?

Everything seemed to be working fine, until the IBM machine died.  Now
the labels can not be read.  Initially, we had problems with getting
one of the 4 drives to be recognized by the IBM system. We assumed
that the problem was with the drive itself.  Now, we are not so sure.

Any comments or info would be welcome.......

Thanks, in advance....

--
Jim Ray                                Harris Semiconductor
Internet:  jdr at semi.harris.com         PO Box 883   MS 62B-022