SUN NIS Server, AIX client

Dave Fetrow fetrow at milton.u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 14 16:30:53 AEST 1991

 Is anyone else having trouble using a SUN NIS server with an AIX client?

 My Suns (Sun4 , SunOS 4.1.1) serve themselves fine but neither the IBM
RTs (running AOS) nor the R/6000 (running AIX) work as clients.

 Using the RTs as servers; everybody is happy. Except me, since I don't
have service contracts on those and they are being phased out.

 Any message (including: "We do that and haven't had a problem. You messed
up Dave.") would be welcome.

 (I apologize if this appears more than once. I am having some news problems)

--
 -dave fetrow-                        fetrow at biostat.washington.edu  (internet)
"The most difficult issues in building large networks today are