XLF function

HongXing Dai hdai at edison.seas.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 25 09:32:11 AEST 1991

I wrote a Fortran program which used etime() to compute the elapsed
system time of the process and it worked fine on DEC Ultrix and
Sun SparcStation.  But AIX doesn't have equivalent function (so
far as I can tell from the tiny manual comes with the system) in
Fortran, nor in C.  XLF does have one MCLOCK() which returns time
accounting (=current process's user time+user and system time of
all chile processes) which differed a lot from ps said.  Could
anyone shed a light on how to deal with it in either XLC or XLF
functions?  Thanks in advance.

Dai