XLF function

Chuck Henkel henkel%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 26 04:38:44 AEST 1991

In article <3186 at lee.SEAS.UCLA.EDU> hdai at edison.seas.ucla.edu
(HongXing Dai) writes:
> I wrote a Fortran program which used etime() to compute the elapsed
> system time of the process and it worked fine on DEC Ultrix and
> Sun SparcStation.  But AIX doesn't have equivalent function (so
> far as I can tell from the tiny manual comes with the system) in
> Fortran, nor in C.  XLF does have one MCLOCK() which returns time
> accounting (=current process's user time+user and system time of
> all chile processes) which differed a lot from ps said.  Could
> anyone shed a light on how to deal with it in either XLC or XLF
> functions?  Thanks in advance.

One thing to watch out for is that the documentation of mclock() is
incorrect, at least as of 3002.

According to info, mclock returns the time in units of 1/60th of a
second. It's actually in units of 1/100th of a second.

--
| Chuck Henkel                      | There are currently 111 operating      |
| Department of Nuclear Engineering | nuclear power plants in the US,        |