Xterminal colormap problem

ROHIT SHARMA ms4 at cis.ufl.edu
Wed Jun 12 03:29:31 AEST 1991

Hi

We have recently got a Xstation 120 from IBM which has been connected to
a RS/6000 workstation. The problem I am getting on the machines  is that
when I run motif window manager on either the workstation or the terminal
The red color is not there in the normal menu's. Some applications which
I run display the original colors but in some applications the red color
is not there. Before the Xstation was connected the RS/6000 system worked
perfect and displayed all the colors.

Now when I try to load an image  onto the background I get a message
" cannot load image as it will change the default color map".

I am also unable to use the -fn option with xterm ,in which case it says fonts not found and only uses the fixed font option.

The RS/6000 has X11R3 and a motif 1.0 version.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me with this.

Thanx

Mohit

My e-mail address: ms4 at reef.cis.ufl.edu