Deinstalling lpps

jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com jsalter at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Mon Jun 17 11:27:08 AEST 1991

jmw at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au writes:
> Is there any method of de-installing lpps? I know I can figure out the files
> involved and then rm them, but the lslpp command says the lpp involved is
> still installed.

Well, here's the way I'd do it.  I'd check out the LPP directory in
/usr/lpp, and see the files in there.  Find out as much information as
possible.  Then do a:

	% lslpp -f <lpp_name>

This will give a list of all the files installed with the LPP.  I'd also
check out the ODM:

	% odmget -q"lpp_name=<lpp_name>" history
	% odmget -q"name=<lpp_name>" lpp
	% odmget -q"lpp_name=<lpp_name>" inventory

and save all this information away.    Then I'd remove those files listed by
the "lslpp -f" command, and delete the ODM entries with "odmchange" or
"odmdelete".

Note: this is not official IBM position, nor have I ever tried it.  But
something like it should work.

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
"IBM part #23521, aka Lt. Commander Data"    The stuff above is on my own.