adding a PC as a TTY

Jose Angel Vela Avila josevela at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
Sat Jun 29 01:53:30 AEST 1991

root at scona.UUCP (Corey Wirun) writes:

>Is there something I'm missing here.....

>I want to hang a PS/2 serially off my RS/6000-520 (3003 code). I 'made'
>a null modem cable by takinga regular modem cable and switching just
>pins #2-3 (i.e. 2->3, 3->2). I def'd a tty at 9600 baud and set it to
>enable logins. When I try to get onto the RS on the PC using kermit, I
>can't for the life of me get a login banner. There is a getty running
>on the RS, but it has a '?' on it for the tty under 'ps -e'.

 Mmmmm, are you trying thos on native ports ? or on a module ( 8+ terms )

 if you are on native module, check out your cable, remember the 'STANDARD'
  from IBM that exchanges all the pins.

 Don't you have a little box that you put in the ugly IBM 3151 terminal
  and exchange some pins....

 Jose A. Vela A.
josevela at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

  ITESM