How to increase paging space?

Art Campbell artc at bacchus.epps.kodak.com
Fri Jun 21 07:35:57 AEST 1991

In article <860 at rufus.UUCP>, drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com writes:
|> To increase the size of your paging space:
|>
|> Become superuser
|> Run "smit"
|> Select "Physical and Logical Storage"
|> Select "Paging Space"
|> Select "Change/show characteristics of a paging space" to modify an existing
|>  one, or "Add Another Paging Space" to create another one.
|> Fill in the blanks and press Enter.
|>
|> That's it!

Well, yeah, that's it unless you're out of unallocated space... Is there a way
to reduce a partition's allocation to create unallocated space which can be
turned into paging space? We've been taping partitions off, and rebuilding,
which isn't as much fun as the very elegant SMIT interface (that's a pat on
the back guys!)