How to increase paging space? [more...]

Paul Fink pfink at watson.ibm.com
Sat Jun 22 10:06:07 AEST 1991

In article <JRA.91Jun20085903 at bally.bally.com>, jra at bally.bally.com (John Anderson) writes:
|> > I got the message "Paging space Low" while I was running a program in
|> > a background (use &) on RISC/6000 320.  Can anyone tell me the procedure to
|>
|> AIX  3.1.3,  running  out  of paging  space altogether  is what we are
|> experiencing according  to errpt (SNA stuff is   what runs out).  smit
|> isn't  allowing paging  space to be changed,  IBM sent  a  "fix" which
|> didn't help much   either...    this 6000  running   SNA is   crashing
|> apparently from this   problem.  obviously  this  isn't  a reply,  but
|> another log on the fire.
|>
|> any help would be appreciated.
|> --
|> John Anderson
|> jra at bally.com
|> Bally Mfg. Reno NV

Could you post more detail please? I run page space of up to 1 GB on our
compute servers.

What does the command "lsvg rootvg" list for "FREE PPs:" ?
What is the out put of "lsps -a"?

Now when you increase the pages space using the command "chps -s n hd6"
(where n is the number of 4 meg blocks to add to page space hd6)
what is the result?

NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT IBM RECOMMEND OR SUPPORTED METHODS.
I am not speaking for IBM.
You can tell because I listed the commands not the smit interface to them.

Paul