3005 Networking problems (FTP)

Zvika Bar-Deroma AER7101%TECHNION at TAUNIVM.TAU.AC.IL
Wed Jun 5 15:49:27 AEST 1991

I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with some networking commands in AIX
3. I have  opened an APAR concerning the fact  that FTP (outgoing) works
for me only as a superuser. Otherwise,  I don't have the chance to enter
the password after entering the  username, and the "ftp-login" procedure
process fails, due  to "INVALID LOGIN" (of course, it  never gave me the
chance to enter  the pw..) My SR reproduced the  problem on his machine,
but what solved it for him was  to replace telnetd with the netnetd from
the rlease before 3002 (remember 3002's  was broken ?..). It didn't help
me, though, and the  problem is still open (my PMR  is: 2672x, issues at
IBM Tel-Aviv, aka TELVM1). The problem occurs to me both on Ethernet and
on Token Ring, as well as when I try to ftp the localhost.

/Zvika

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: (+972)-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : (+972)-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101 at TECHNION
Internet      :   AER7101 at TECHNION.TECHNION.AC.IL
UUCP          :   ...!uunet!pucc.princeton.edu!technion!aer7101