3005 Networking problems (FTP)

Marc Andreessen andreess at mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 6 12:41:51 AEST 1991

In article <910605.084713.IST.AER7101 at TECHNION> AER7101%TECHNION at TAUNIVM.TAU.AC.IL (Zvika Bar-Deroma) writes:
>[...] I have  opened an APAR concerning the fact  that FTP (outgoing) works
>for me only as a superuser. Otherwise,  I don't have the chance to enter
>the password after entering the  username, and the "ftp-login" procedure
>process fails, due  to "INVALID LOGIN" (of course, it  never gave me the
>chance to enter  the pw..) [...]

We had this problem at Illinois, briefly, a while back.  Look at the
protection on /dev/tty; it should be 666.  Yours is probably 644.

Marc

[Disclaimer: I work for, but do not speak for IBM.]
--
Marc Andreessen___________University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
Internet: andreessen at uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu____________Bitnet: andreessen at uiucmrl