Problem with AIX mail (sendmail?)

Ken Seefried iii ken at sitename
Fri Jun 7 06:34:26 AEST 1991

-----

I've got a pretty strange problem with one of our RS/6000's
(mishegas) running AIX 3.1.1, and I was wondering if some-
one might have some insight as to why this is happening.

The setup is that we have an Apple A/UX machine (sware)
serving as a UUCP host talking to emory.edu.  The A/UX box
forwards messages to the RS/6000 for those users based
there (/usr/lib/aliases).  The annoyance is that we get the
following error returns:

-- From: MAILER-DAEMON%sware.com at mathcs.emory.edu (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
-- Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
-- Date: Mon, 3 Jun 91 12:28:11 EDT
-- To: Postmaster at emory.mathcs.emory.edu
-- To: foo at osf.org
--
--    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
-- >>> DATA
-- <<< 554 No '@' found in SMTP recipient "emory!osf.org!foo"
-- 554 foo at mishegas... Service unavailable
--
--    ----- Unsent message follows -----

Now, the mail actually gets delivered to foo at mishegas just
fine.  Further, `sware' has no problems forwarding mail to
any other other machines on our network.

Any clues?  Any fixes?  Will AIX 3.1.1 make it all better?

Many thanks for your time...

--

	ken seefried iii	"I'll have what the gentleman
	ken at dali.cc.gatech.edu	 on the floor is having..."