modems under delay not dropping DTR on 3003

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Mon Jun 17 06:51:21 AEST 1991

In article <8512 at awdprime.UUCP> mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com (Mark Brown) writes:
>jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
>|
>|Robin, you do not speak for IBM.  Quit pretending you speak for IBM.
>|You are no longer a contractor working on Level 2 support.
>
>Um, folks, *none* of us here speak for IBM in any official capacity, so
>let's halt this particular thing right here, eh?

Of course *none* of us speaks for IBM in an official capacity! Hell, they'd
have to pay me a lot more than I make now to take that kind of heat :-}!

But in John's defense, not that he can't defend himself :-}, there is a
slight difference between a posting from an experienced user, and one from
an actual support or development person. John wrote a fair amount of code
for AIX v3 and today works as an LCC contractor working on AIX 1.2.x. All
he was saying is that Robin was coming across as if he was in this role
and he no longer is. (I've never been to Austin and I don't know Robin, so
no personal offense intended, just taking John's word).

There are a lot of very knowledgeable end users out there and their wisdom
is invaluable to this group. However if someone says the system does A
and a level 3 person, looking at the source says it does B, who's word are
you going to take??

Enough said? Peace!

Disclaimer: I don't wear ties so of course I don't speak for LCC or IBM!! :-}

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM