modems under delay not dropping DTR on 3003

Mark Brown mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com
Sun Jun 16 03:49:06 AEST 1991

jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F Haugh II) writes:
|>pensoft!robin writes:
|>>You call 1-800-237-5511.  I think you are wasting your time, this is not a
|>>software defect.     Sorry.
|
|Robin, you do not speak for IBM.  Quit pretending you speak for IBM.
|You are no longer a contractor working on Level 2 support.

Um, folks, *none* of us here speak for IBM in any official capacity, so
let's halt this particular thing right here, eh?

Both of you have, and I hope will continue to, provide needed information
here. I'd rather not have that lost in a flame-fest due to "tone" of postings.

There's work being done on getting real Net-based customer support; until
then (whenever "then" is) I'd like to see S/N remain as high as it has.

Even with problems as sticky as this one seems to be.

(ducks)
--
DISCLAIMER: My views may be, and often are, independent of IBM official policy.
Mark Brown       IBM PSP Austin, TX. |     Crazed Philosophy Student