Pencom Systems (INQUIRY)

Robin Robin
Wed Jun 5 02:22:05 AEST 1991

In article <9106032341.AA00612 at wixer> bgodot at wixer.UUCP (Buck Godot) writes:

> The following letter recently appeared in Sour Graoes Magazette, an
> Austin, Texas publication.  It points some very barbed accusations at
> Pencom.  It also includes an intimidating carbon copy list.

> John F. Akers, CEO
> IBM
> Old Orchard Rd.
> Armonk, NY 10504
>
> Dear Mr. Akers:
>       I am writing this in order to warn you.  Pencom has deceived
> IBM, the Austin Technology Incubator, and a number of other high-tech
> companies.
>       Two principal staff members of Pencom Systems, Inc. are
> operating under dual identities.  Edward Taylor, a vice-president of
> Pencom Systems, also goes by the name of Edward C. Ateyeh.  Thomas
> Morgan, a manger (sic) of technical research for Pencom Systems, also
> goes by the name of Thomas Pallister.

So what does this prove?  Lots of "recruiters" go by psuedonyms.  I just don't
see that this is a problem.

>       There is also the matter of the possibility of insider trading.
> Pencom employs Clinton R. Tomlinson as a recruiter.  He is also a
> securities dealer licensed with First American National Securities.

Just because he has a license (which is not really proved here),  he must be
insider trading; right?  Get real.. having a license and insider trading are a
far ways apart.

> Has anyone heard of these people or the securities company?  Does
> anyone know how to prove or disprove these accusations?  Any
> opinions?

Ed, Tom and Clint both work here, but the information provided by this letter
is somewhat "sketchy" don't you think?  It seems that someone had a "burr"
under their saddle, but they were too afraid to come out and say what was
really bothering them.  Just out of curosity, was their a date on the letter?

"Something about: ...if it floats like a duck, it's made of wood, if its made
of wood, it burns, if it burns,  its a witch... from Monty Python."

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |