X,Y,Zmodem for AIX

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Mon Jun 3 02:48:12 AEST 1991

In article <g3qh1l_ at rpi.edu> wolf at aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Curt Coulter) writes:
>I think that the Header explains it quite well.
>I'm looking for something faster than kermit to use on aix running
>on an IBM 3090-200(s i think).

What? Does your 3090 have COM ports :-} :-}? Seriously, what I mean is
that usually people access AIX/370 systems via the serial ports on a
PS/2 running in a TCF cluster with the 370 and so what you would want
is a 386 binary. Either that, or over the network from workstations.

In any case, what's wrong with the plain old rzsz package available from
the usual archive sites?? As far as I know it should just compile and
work. I had a simple little standalone xmodem program and it worked
without any modification. The only thing to watch out for, is that
the port you come in on is set 8N1 and not 7E1 or it won't work.

Disclaimer: I'm paid to hack the kernel, not to speak for the company.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM