X,Y,Zmodem for AIX

Warren Jones wjones at nwnexus.WA.COM
Mon Jun 3 03:47:50 AEST 1991

wolf at aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Curt Coulter) writes:

>I'm looking for something faster than kermit to use on aix running
>on an IBM 3090-200(s i think).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out xmodem 3.9 in comp.sources.unix, volume 23.  This program, which
also includes ymodem batch and related protocols, compiled and ran without
modification under AIX 3.1, using the SYSV alternative to getput.c.

There is also a version of zmodem in comp.sources.unix, volume 12.
This compiled successfully under AIX 3.1 with one minor modification.
The patch follows.  Change _IBMR2 to the appropriate symbol for AIX
on your 3090:

*** Save/rbsb.c	Sun Jun  2 10:31:21 1991
--- rbsb.c	Tue May 21 13:36:46 1991
***************
*** 215,221 ****
  #endif
  }

! #if defined(FIONREAD)
  #define READCHECK
  /*
   *  Return non 0 iff something to read from io descriptor f
--- 215,221 ----
  #endif
  }

! #if defined(FIONREAD) && ! defined(_IBMR2)
  #define READCHECK
  /*
   *  Return non 0 iff something to read from io descriptor f