mail and 'quit' problem

Marc Wiz marc at ekhomeni.austin.ibm.com
Fri Jun 21 00:01:27 AEST 1991

In article <RCAU8QVN at linac.fnal.gov>, looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU writes:

> We have three hosts running NFS, NIS and nameserver, and let's assume
> host A being the master server. I exported /usr/spool/mail from
> host A and had hosts B and C mounted over using NFS. With this setup,
> I was hoping that users could read mail irregardless of where the users
> are logged on, but the mail sessions froze on hosts B and C soon as
> the users type "quit" (& quit) at the mail prompt. Does anyone know
> what might have caused the problem?

This is a known problem and is currently being worked on.
For reference the APAR is IX18805.

Could you please describe what you are using for the server and
the client?  I would like to see if this occurrence matches the
one in the APAR.  I need the level that the systems are running
on.  If some of them are not RS/6000's the version of NFS that
they are running will help.

Marc Wiz 				MaBell (512)823-4780

NFS/NIS change team
Yes that really is my last name.
The views expressed are my own.

marc at aixwiz.austin.ibm.com
or
uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!ekhomeni.austin.ibm.com!marc