mail and 'quit' problem

looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU
Thu Jun 20 13:37:09 AEST 1991

Hi, I'm running into problem with mail's "quit" subcommand and
hoping some experienced netters to give me some input as to what
I have done wrong.

We have three hosts running NFS, NIS and nameserver, and let's assume
host A being the master server. I exported /usr/spool/mail from
host A and had hosts B and C mounted over using NFS. With this setup,
I was hoping that users could read mail irregardless of where the users
are logged on, but the mail sessions froze on hosts B and C soon as
the users type "quit" (& quit) at the mail prompt. Does anyone know
what might have caused the problem?

Btw, we're running AIX 3005, and the mailer agent is sendmail.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.