Reproducible modem bug in 3005 and 2006

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Mon Jun 24 22:57:19 AEST 1991

In article <146 at sabus.UUCP> tim at sabus.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
>Everytime you reboot, AIX will replace uugetty with getty.  I would
>simply remove getty, (it is a link to tsm and login anyway) and rename
>uugetty to /etc/getty.

Make sure you update the database that SYSCK has stashed away to
reflect this change, otherwise you risk having your change undone
the next time you update or have SYSCK fondle your filesystems.
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"UNIX signals are not interrupts.  Worse, SIGCHLD/SIGCLD is not even a UNIX
 signal, it's an abomination."  -- Doug Gwyn