WARNING: "cron" flame

Charles Derykus ced at bcstec.uucp
Wed Jun 5 00:57:51 AEST 1991

In article <884 at bcstec.boeing.com> ced at bcstec.uucp (Charles Derykus) writes:

> Has anyone encountered some strange "cron" effects on the RS6000, version
> 3003?
>
> An interactive shell test around the "open ksh" fixes the problem but
> has anyone complained to IBM?

| What would you complain about?  This is the way it is supposed to work.
| (Unless you are refering to the "bug" that runs the ".profile" in the first
| place.  This bug should be fixed in 3005, or 2006.)

First, I want to thank Robin for responding.  The other thing I'd like to
do is vent a little ire.  I believe there is plenty to "complain" about.
How about "it doesn't work for starters" ; and yes, I would agree that it
is a "bug" that runs the ".profile". A pet peeve - my experience in error
reporting is limited to IBM and Sun - but IBM's reporting procedure is
outrageously bad. I know this has generated alot of intense energy before
on the net and I hope not to rekindle the flame.  It's just that I have
such wistful memories of calling Sun and getting an informed response
within a matter of days. And while bug fixes may not be advertised by
any vendor, it is my experience that IBM does not do a good job of documenting
and propagating bug fixes. That is, if you can get them to admit they have
a problem.

Thanks for listening and I'm sorry this is so flamish.

Charles DeRykus				Internet:   ced at bcstec.boeing.com
Boeing Computer Services		UUCP:	    ...!uunet!bcstec!ced
Renton, WA.  M/S 6R-37			(206) 234-9223