tcov for AIX

Eric L. Nelson auvnele at auvsun1.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 4 04:31:56 AEST 1991

We are just beginning the testing phase of a large software project (>
100K lines of code) and have just finised porting all of the code to
the 6000. I just found out that one of the tests we need to run is a
coverage test, i.e. tcov on suns.  I cannot find any reference to
a-tcov-like program in AIX. Any suggestions?

Also, for your information, this is the third posting I've made about
the lack of real support in AIX for large software projects. In
summary my complaints are (1.a) SCCS and make don't work together like
they should, (1.b) make is really weak in capabilities, (2) cc -c -o
won't put the .o where you tell it to, and now (3) no tcov. My
solution to 1 was use make and SCCS on a sun until the last moment and
then rsh cc.

At least the 6000 is fast!