xwindow gets confused

Chris Lopez lopez at aristotle.ils.nwu.edu
Tue Jun 4 05:55:02 AEST 1991

The following problem has appeared since upgrading to 3005.

When selecting a window that overlaps another window in X, the two overlapping
windows will "fight" for who is on top.  This problem is much more frequent
if I select the new window by clicking on it in a spot that is already on
top of the competing overlapping window.  The window I want usually ends up
on top but not always.  Anyone have a fix for this?

	 - - - - - - - - - - - -
	|  middle window  ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
	|		  '  top window	    '
	|		  ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
	|			|
	|	!		|	!
	|	!  X		|	!
		!  bottom window	!

Click on the X and the middle and bottow window fight for who is on top.

Chris Lopez
Institute for the Learning Sciences
Northwestern University