Deinstalling lpps

Brian Zimbelman brian at is.UUCP
Sat Jun 15 01:35:10 AEST 1991

(Barbara La Scala) writes:

> jmw at probitas.cs.utas.edu.au writes:
>
>> Is there any method of de-installing lpps? I know I can figure out the files
>> involved and then rm them, but the lslpp command says the lpp involved is
>> still installed.

Yes.  Both Customer education and Internal IBM Marketing education teach how
to do this in their courses.  (I'm an instructor for both organizations).
I do not have a copy of my manuals with me, but anyone who has gone through
the courses (Course code Q1016 - I/AIX internally, AIX System Admin
externally) can look up the steps in their manual.  Read your SE, if he/she
is trained, some one in your branch if your SE is not.  It is in the section
SA tips, near the back.  The page is titled "De-installing LPP's" and the
student notes section has the 8 to 10 steps required to perform the action
correctly.

> I asked my SE the same question a while back.  The answer I was given was
> "No there isn't any way of removing lpps because people don't want to remove
> packages, only install them".  I sincerely hope this isn't true but I suspect
> it might be.
>
> Barbara La Scala
> bfls at cain.anu.edu.au

Has your SE gone through the education process?

Good Luck,

Brian Zimbelman

Innovative Solutions				(505) 883-4252
3547 Colorado NE				is!brian at bbx.basis.com
Albuquerque, NM 87110				bbx.basis.com!is!brian