Password Verification

IBM tli at Morgan.COM
Wed Jun 19 07:30:51 AEST 1991

>Yes ! yes ! yes and more yes !
>One more time AIX is the problem.......
>
>IBM : Why not to do it standard ????
>
>Why so many troubles ???

Let me explain my modifications.

tli>modified xlock.c getPassword() to read:
tli>
tli>XWindowAttributes xgwa;
tli>int         y,	/* moved the int declaration aft xgwa */
tli>            left,
tli>            done;

I want to keep the declarations together, so I moved them.

My customer do not want to depend on the env var USERNAME; therefore,
I used getuid() to see who is executing this prog.

tli>#ifdef _AIX
tli>    uid_t uuid;
tli>    char user[10];
tli>    uuid = getuid();
tli>    pw = getpwuid(uuid);
tli>    strcpy(user,pw->pw_name);
tli>    strcpy(userpass, pw->pw_passwd);
tli>#else
tli>    char       *user = getenv(USERNAME);
tli>#endif
tli>..
tli>..
tli>..
tli>/* added if not def since user and userpass was set at start of getPassword */

As the comment states, I did not have to call getpwnam(), since I got all the
information I need from the first #ifdef _AIX.

tli>#ifndef _AIX
tli>    pw = getpwnam(user);

Thomas Y. Li                 Email: tli at nycvmic4.iinus1.ibm.com
IBM Corporation                     tli%nycvmic4 at iinus1.ibm.com
33 Maiden Lane  10th Floor          tli at morgan.com
New York, NY  10038
(212) 493-2516 T/L 340       VNET:  tli at nycvmic4