Password Verification

Jose Angel Vela Avila josevela at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
Wed Jun 19 01:13:58 AEST 1991

>The following are the modifications I made to the code.

>modified xlock.c getPassword() to read:

>    XWindowAttributes xgwa;
>    int         y,		/* moved the int declaration aft xgwa */
>                left,
>                done;
>#ifdef _AIX
>    uid_t uuid;
>    char user[10];
>    uuid = getuid();
>    pw = getpwuid(uuid);
>    strcpy(user,pw->pw_name);
>    strcpy(userpass, pw->pw_passwd);
>#else
>    char       *user = getenv(USERNAME);
>#endif

>Thomas Y. Li                 Email: tli at nycvmic4.iinus1.ibm.com
>IBM Corporation                     tli%nycvmic4 at iinus1.ibm.com

 Yes ! yes ! yes and more yes !
 One more time AIX is the problem.......

 IBM : Why not to do it standard ????

 Why so many troubles ???

 Why I have to be aware of hear something relation with AIX problems and bugs??

 Why that montly 'updates' (patches) ???

 Support Team : Please, please, when you fix some bug in previous releases
    please don't do any ones in the 'last' release ( I mind 3.1.5 )

 Greetings ... after all for not to hear us ....

Jose A. Vela Avila
josevela at mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

PS: I this stuff is just mine .....