AIX vs standard unix

Glenn R. Stone gs26 at prism.gatech.EDU
Tue Jun 11 07:24:00 AEST 1991

I wrote:
>> Next thing you know, IBM'll outlaw the necktie.
>>
>> Naaaaah.

To avoid further flames:

I know damn good and well you Austin types don't wear ties; my quip
was directed at the REST of Big Blue.... my salescritters and
service people still wear the things.  The Austin project was probably
the best thing that ever happened to IBM.... I'd like to see more
where that came from.  Thus the remark -- if the upper-level people
would loosen up, they might come up with something Really Spectacular....
not that the '6000 isn't pretty impressive in its own right, for what
we want them for.....

Glenn R. Stone (gs26 at prism.gatech.edu), working for but not representing
Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, 30332-0340
home of 5 Risc System 6000's and one little vax.