files > 4meg. via NFS on a PS/2

Mark Whetzel markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
Thu Jun 6 00:09:09 AEST 1991

In article <392 at daily-planet.concordia.ca>, kiron at concour.cs.concordia.ca (The Doctor) writes:
> Hi there.
> 	How would I go aboconfiguring a PS/2 with AIX to permit
> NFS to write files greater than 4 meg.  It is possible to create the
> file locally, but I would like foreign file systems to write to it...

WOW... Does AIX run in circles or what...!  The RT's running AIX 2.2.1
had exactly the same problem with IBM's NFS 1.1...  I had to get a update
disk to NFS for 1110 (latest fix for 1.1 is NFS 1116) to fix the problem...
Wonder if the same code is broken on the AIX for PS/2 systems?
Seems NFS on the RT was not honoring the users ulimit, and taking the
system default ulimit of 4MB! (8192 512 byte blocks)
IBM's fix was to NFS and it released the ulimit for remote file writes.

This was for the RT..  Don't know about what to do for AIX for PS/2  sorry :-(

Call the support center, and have them check if a similar problem exists
for AIX on the PS/2's.. Might be a know problem or have a workaround.

---
Mark Whetzel     My comments are my own, not my company's.
Western Geophysical - A division of Western Atlas International,
A Litton/Dresser Company           DOMAIN addr: markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
VOICE: (713) 963-2446		   UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw

A Litton/Dresser Company           DOMAIN addr: markw at airgun.wg.waii.com
VOICE: (713) 963-2446		   UUNET address:  uunet!airgun!markw