files > 4meg. via NFS on a PS/2

The Doctor kiron at concour.cs.concordia.ca
Sun Jun 16 00:24:19 AEST 1991

Answering my own question here!... well, after detailed perusal of the
AIX manuals a colleague was able to find out that by setting the filesize
field in the /etc/passwd file for users who should be allowed more than
4 meg., AND by modifying inittab to set the ulimit to 8 Megs, AND by
changing root's, and (I think) the daemon's limits to 8 megs, we were able
to NFS write big files...  the info was in the manuals all along...it just
was not cross-ref'ed properly!

Kiron

--

 Kiron D. Bondale       Concordia University, Mtl., Quebec, Canada
   "Can't. CAN'T.  There's no such word as Can't." ... The Doctor